Tuesday, March 22, 2011

product heaven

Hello from Brussels!
Okay.
Not really.
But wouldn't that be super cool and spontaneous of me if I up and ran off to Belgium?
That ^^^ is Brussels regional flag, btw. 
Ba-nanas. 
Props Brussels for the coolest flag ever.
Okay back to me writing a blog entry (I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED UP THERE)
Today I'm going to share my favorite prodcuts.
After following in the footsteps of my mother and sister and then working in a salon in college I have become a self-declared expert on the world of products. Well, I think so anyway.
And, since you guys are just dying to know what I think (right? right?) I made a list.
Here.
We.
Go.


1.  Loreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner.
It is the best best BEST drug store brand shampoo and conditioner for colored and/or dry hair.
Believe.
I have used Pureology, Matrix, Loreal Professionals, Hempz, Redken, etc. etc. Those are all great lines and I would recommend all of them BUT Loreal Everpure is 2 to 3 times cheaper and the quality is the same. It's sulfate-free so it's gentle on colored hair and it preserves just the right amount of moisture to ensure healthy-looking, shiny locks.
I'm telling ya.
It's the bomb.com



2. Clinique 3-Step Skin Care
Again...I have tried Proactiv, Aveeno, Arbonne, Neutrogena, pHisoderm, etc. and Clinique is the one line that does it for me during every season of the year and under any hormonal, environmental, stressful circumstance. It works so well with my combination skin and has never irritated, over-dryed, or over-moisturized any part of my face. The facewash is perfection. Gentle and balanced. The clarifying lotion is great for making sure I even out my skin-tone and get any trails of makeup or dirt off the edges and crevices of my face. The lotion is like a drink of water for the skin. So lovely. I will use it forevaaaa.


3. St. Ives Mineral Therapy Moisturizing Body Wash
Okay, this is new to my routine but I know I will buy it again. I like creamy body washes better than gels because I personally think they are more moisturizing and kind to the bod and this one definitely fits the bill! I've used St. Ives body washes before and all of the scents are yummy and the consistency is great but Mineral Therapy takes the cake. It is that perfect combination of fresh, clean, and sweet so I leave the shower feelin' snazzy.




4.   Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara
So, once upon a time Sephora had this set of a dozen or so mini mascaras for really cheap...less than $30. It was the perfect way to try all of their top mascaras and decide which one I liked the best. Good job, Sephora. I knew you had my back.  I used to be completely dedicated to DiorShow but I swear they changed cheapened their formula somehow because it started drying out really really fast. Regardless, BUXOM saved the day! I'm a huge mascara connoisseur. Like, if I were stranded on a desert island what 5 things would I want with me? 1 of them would be mascara.
Another would be Chase Crawford, btw.
And the Harry Potter series.
And a pocket knife...
I digress...
Buxom Lash. Love the wand. Love how it doesn't dry out. Love how long it lasts. Love how thick it makes my lashes without that "Louisville Spider" look. Seriously. All the girls from Louisville love this look...






5. Mac Lustreglass Lip Gloss in Flashmode
I actually lost this one out of a clutch at some point (high heels, drinks in hand, crowded bars - damn you!) And, right now I have a lot of great lip glosses so I'm going to patiently wait to re-buy this little baby until I "need" it. BUT, it is absolutely my favorite. It is a fabulous bright pink/raspberry color that is flattering on all skin-tones. It lasts for a long time because a little bit goes a long way. It's the perfect choice for layering glosses, balms, or lipsticks. It's also pretty affordable at $14.50.
1 warning: It is quite a sticky bugger so be advised...it might not be the best choice for a date night with the boyfriend...unless, of course your man doesn't mind receiving a bit of your pretty pout...


6. Stila Eyeshadow in "Oasis"
Thanks to my sista sista, I have found the most wonderful eyeshadow ever made.
It's not gold. It's not champagne. It's not yellow. It's just this incredible dose of...sunshine on your eyelids. I wear it every single day. I layer it with other colors. I wear it by itself. I can even use it as a highlighter. It is beautiful and fresh and brightens the eye. Obsessed for sure. Stila is quite possibly my favorite makeup line. I've never met a Stila product I didn't like.





7. Cargo Bronzer
Not everyone is a bronzer fanatic, rightfully so.
 So, this product only applies to those of us that love products that help us with our year-round glow.
I've got an olive-y complexion so I can get away with workin' my tan-ness.
Anyway, this bronzer isn't sparkley or orange-y or glittery so I like it.
It's also not completely matte. So I like that, too.
It gives a little shimmer and sun-kissed touch to my cheeks
and...I dig it.



8. Dry Shampoo
I just bought this dry shampoo so that is why it is pictured above. However, I'm not necessarily going to sing the praises of any one brand of this stuff. Dry shampoo, in general, is awesome.
Go git u sum.




9. Meyer's Hand Soap
Well, this isn't exactly in the same product category but it is a winner.
My roomie, Samantha, brought this baby to my attention.
It cleans your hands...so it's successful.
It feels good on the fingers.
It smells FANTASTIC.
Enough said.
It gets all the checks on my list.


10. Wine
What? This isn't a product? 
Well, it's gonna make every single one of my lists.
For when your products aren't gettin' it done.
And your mirror is being a bi-otch.
And your hormones are taking you on a trip to ugly-ville.
Wine.
A woman's best friend.
And an ego boost.
All day.
Every day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for ending the post with all day every day. i like this consumer report of yours. and btw totally agree with the shampoo/conditioner.

    ReplyDelete