Monday, March 7, 2011

childhood education.

Strawberries say yes too.
It's only Sunday for a few more minutes but I still think this counts as being "on time". Yes, I accept your virtual high-five. What did I learn this week eh? Well, it's a bit of an on-going process but I think it's definitely worth mentioning. I learned this week to be more of a yes person. No no, I didn't go to any life-coaching conferences or suddenly start practiciting affirmations in the mirror. But, I did say yes to every single babysitting opportunity this week...despite desperately wanting to cancel every time due to my outrageous cold and overall lack of excitement for playing with kids. I know that doesn't sound like much. I'm not saying anyone else should be remotely proud of me, but I'm proud of me. Becauseeeee it turned out to be great for my mental state and my wallet. It kept me busy and made me feel productive. And hanging out with kids isn't all that bad afterall. Anyway, the point is that I'm going to try to say yes and take opportunities more often. It can't hurt. And even if it does, I've learned to be pretty damn resilient these days so I think I can take anything the world has to throw at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment