Monday, August 1, 2011

sentimental

I've been a busy girl in this new townhouse!
Assembling kitchen tables and chairs with my roomies.
Buying white ceramic elephant bookends for my desk.
Hanging art and picture frames.
Making pillows.
Buying iron keys.
Painting geometric art pieces to match my room.
But most of what I've been doing is brainstorming.
Finding inspiring ideas for wonderful little things to place on "the big wall" in my room.
I want to make a collage wall.
Filled with pictures, quotes, mirrors, keys, canvases, crosses, frames, etc.
And I think it's coming along! I'm going to actually make this happen.
not just lust over other people's walls on pinterest 
And the other day I decided to get really sappy...
and I found my graduation notes/cards from last year...
and I scanned, edited, and printed my favorite tidbits from my family and from Wes...
and I decided I want to frame them and put them on my wall.
I know.
I have a sensitive side?
Weird.
But here are the pieces from my Mom, Dad, and Wes.
(possibly more to come from others)


From Dad


From Mom


Obviously, From Wes







And YES, I realize Wes' is quite long but he's a man of few words and when it comes to love letters that don't involve some sort of apology...this is the best I have. And I do think it's quite sweet :)
Anyway, just thought I'd share because I really love my idea.
Not to brag.
But I'm going to love looking at my wall and being reminded of how blessed I am to have these people in my life.
I'll post pictures when "the big wall" is done.
But let's be honest...I won't be able to finish it without some advice from my Mom on where to place everything and some handywork from my Dad.
I know, I'm 23.
I could do it on my own.
But I like their expertise, okay?



1 comment:

  1. ahh, these are amazing little notes. i think its a great idea! perfect way to be reminded of how lucky you are. i just found your blog this afternoon and had to become a follower! can't wait to read much more. keep us updated on your new home. how exciting!

    -sarah livinglifelakeside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete