Wednesday, October 27, 2010

In a perfect world...


"The recession's impact on employment is bad enough. But young people's dismal job situation worsening because their parents are taking forever to retire just adds insult to injury."


See full article from DailyFinance: http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/retirement/recent-college-grads-cant-get-jobs-blame-the-parents/19430806/?icid=sphere_copyright

See? We all want the same thing. My Mom and Dad would gladly retire, I'm sure. They don't want to continue working for the next 10 or 15 years of their lives...but it's a definite possibility if things don't shape up. AND - I am absolutely 100% ready to start working and making an independent life for myself. So...we all want the same thing. They want to stop working. I want to start. For those of us that are recent college grads...we NEED the baby boomer types to retire already. We need their jobs. Or in all actuality...we need people to get promoted to their jobs so we can get in on the entry level. Needless to say, I will be voting next Tuesday based on this issue alone. And if people my age don't show up to vote for the same thing I will be highly disappointed. Lets face it...republicans respect/support that this country was founded on capitalism and therefore they support the creation of JOBS (and lowering taxes)...and who DOESN'T want that right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment